Comprehensive vs. Comprehensible
Comprehensive = complete and including everything that is necessary.
- This is a comprehensive list of all the important aspects to be considered.
- This book gives a comprehensive account of the functional aspects of English.
- The government plans to introduce a comprehensive legislation to safeguard the interests of the migrant labourers.
- The museum has a comprehensive collection of antiques relating to Tippu Sultan era.
Comprehensible = easy to understand , intelligible, able to grasp etc.
- He explained all the technical details in a language comprehensible to the laymen.
- The terms of the agreement are written in clear , comprehensible English.
- The old legendary works of literature have to be translated in a style comprehensible to the new generation.
- The philosophy behind the writings need not be comprehensible to the school children.