Impassive or impassioned?
impassive = showing no signs of feelings; unmoved, expressionless
- She remained impassive as the officer informed her of the tragic news.
- As the jury announced the verdict, the accused remained impassive.
- The lawyer looked impassively at him and said nothing.
- John’s face was impassive.
impassioned = showing or feeling very strong emotions
- The president made an impassioned speech to the people.
- An impassioned plea for justice.
- The lawyer made an impassioned argument in her defence.